Re: -current lockup (how to diagnose?)

From: Kirk McKusick <mckusick_at_beastie.mckusick.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 11:43:11 -0800
I am guessing that some of the recent locking changes are causing
the problem.  Unfortunately I am on the road now through Jan 4th,
so will not be in a position to look at it. Hopefully one of the
folks working on getting the SMP pushed down through the filesystem
(Jeff Roberson, John Baldwin, or Alan Cox) will have some idea what
broke recently. I would try looking at which process holds the
buffer lock that the find is trying to get. You can usually unravel
the chain of locks to eventually find what pair of events lead to
the deadlock. It definitely helps to have DEBUG_LOCKS compiled into
your kernel.

	Kirk McKusick