Re: ACPI problem, my VAIO won't come back from suspension

From: Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd-current_at_webteckies.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 21:31:09 +0100
Hi Nate,

On Tuesday 02 December 2003 23:34, Nate Lawson wrote:

> Try other states (acpiconf -s 1, 2, 4).  If one works, use it.  If not,
> try disabling acpi and using apm(4) to suspend and resume.

Normally that would be grand, but now that I've not compiled acpi into the
kernel, I have no /dev/apm anymore as well.

Even with acpi, I never got a /dev/apmctl so apmd never worked. I've read
through devfs(5)/(8), but as far as I understand, it is the driver's
responsibility to create the device and even if you could do it in userland,
than it will just be a non-configured device.

I've attached my kernel config and dmesg.boot. Is there anything I'm missing?

PS: I can live without suspend2disk, but sleep state S1 does not shutdown my
display as well, so I'm pretty much out of options.
--
Melvyn

FreeBSD sarevok.idg.nl 5.2-BETA FreeBSD 5.2-BETA #0: Wed Dec  3 20:13:44 CET
2003     root_at_sarevok.webteckies.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SAREVOK_NOACPI
i386