Re: npx: can't get interrupt

From: Thomas Stratmann <strattbo_at_fsp1.physik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 06:49:10 +0100
Hi current,

the problem exists irrespective of the presence of a device.hints file.
I copied the complete /boot directory from 5.2-BETA (glad the letter "b"
is pretty early in the tar archives...) including a kernel. The result
is the same as stated earlier.

I once had the strange (planned?) effect that after a panic, the kernel
message buffer seemed to simply have been appended to during a
following succesful boot (of a different kernel). If this worked again,
it would be a neat way of capturing the messages without a serial
cable... Since it did not work when I tried a few minutes ago, it might
need something like the chance of nearby kernels using the same address
for the buffer or something.

I will now try an upgrade to 5.1 anyway, which already worked once for
me. Maybe I can tell you more about the problem in a few days (building
is *seriously* slow on this machine...).

Cheers,
Thomas