Re: 5.2 unbootable on my hardware

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 13:04:38 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Ceri Davies wrote:

> Apologies for the delay in reporting this, but I've had other
> commitments which haven't allowed to me to sit down with this before
> tonight.

Yeah, its probably too late to fix for 5.2 :(

> Sometime between October 5th and November 4th an ATA change has made
> current unbootable on my machine.

"An ATA change" :-)  ATAng was imported, which was a bit more than a
single change.

Looking at the dump, it appears to be getting garbage back from your ATA
controller, and it gives an error trying to set the mode.  If you can, you
might try compiling without ACPI and see if that has an effect, in case
its fubar interrupt routing.

I'm not sure how many machines with apollo pro/686A controllers are still
around, and why it hasn't been noticed before.