HEADSUP! Sii3112 (l)users please test!

From: Soren Schmidt <sos_at_spider.deepcore.dk>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:33:05 +0100 (CET)
For those of you unfortunate enough to have Sii3112A SATA controllers
please try the latest update to ata-chipset.c (rev 1.49) and see if it fixes
your problems with DMA timeouts (if you have had that problem of cause).

If you are still having trouble, please get in touch with me and state
exactly what make/model/version of drives you are using, as there are
still possible problems with devices using old revisions of the Marvell
ATA-SATA converters, but I'm not sure how many of those are out there.

At any rate we can apppatently only determine those chips revisions
by visual inspection (nice going Marvell!), so be warned to pull out
your disks for that purpose...

-Søren
                       .. but it works under windows!!