Re: ULE and current.

From: Claus Guttesen <cguttesen_at_yahoo.dk>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 09:44:11 +0100 (CET)
Hi.

> more feedback from current users.  The only big
> change I have in the
> pipeline for ULE is improved HTT support.  This has
> all been coded and

> multiuser systems with lots
> of interactive tasks.  If anyone has such a system,
> I would love to hear
> of feedback while running ULE.  For anyone else, if
> your workload is

I'm running ULE on 1 out of 6 web-servers. This is
running current as of Nov. 19'th. I havent't noticed
any difference in behaviour compared to the other five
servers. It varies from 100 % idle to 0 %, runs quite
smothly. NFS behaves nice.

The other servers are all using the old BSD-scheduler
and are mainly running 5.1 frozen branch.

All are dual Xeons at either 2.4 or 3 Ghz.

My workstation with dual pentium III _at_ 1 ghz goes ULE
as well. Except while unpacking big files, the
scheduler is behaving alot better compared to
two-three months ago.

regards
Claus

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan