Re[2]: (a new fsdb dump) Re: fsck sig 11 (cannot alloc 4216257920bytes for inoinfo)

From: Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu_at_apropo.ro>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 07:48:41 +0200
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 12:47:27 -0800 (PST)
Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
>
> > Here is a fsdb dump on the previous and next inode, hoepe it serves at
> > something. THE FOLLOWING DISK SECTORS COULD NOT BE READ means bad
> > hardware ? It would be strange as the HDD is 6 month old and smart
> > doeasn't report anything.
>
> The block numbers are impossibly large. It appears you have a fatal level
> of disk and filesystem corruption.

I'm pretty sure it is fully reproducible.

> I would suggest pulling down the
> Seagate test tools and running a scan on your disk, then newfs &
> reinstall.

I've burned a SeaTools image and did all the tests; no problems reported
SMART, interal test, surface test - all OK.

And now I am really stuck. Any more hints on what to do ?

I could newfs the disk again and do a complete install, do something
with havy disk IO, hard reset and see if it happends again. But somehow I
fear to do that as it will only hide the problem.

Either way this shouln't happend (tm) :-/ so could wait a little more
time if someone wants to investigate this further. What's the candidate
dump/restore, newfs ?

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD user