FreeBSD 5.2-Beta and LSILogic 1030

From: Fabian Thylmann <fthylmann_at_stats.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:18:29 +0100
Hi,

we have a Dell PowerEdge 1750 which uses a LSILogic 1030 Ultra4 SCSI Adapter. It works fine in freebsd 4.9 but when trying to boot 5.2-beta on it the boot process dies when trying to scan the scsi devices. The system has 2 Disks setup and when we remove one of the 2 disks the boot works, but once we arrive in sysinstall and try to write to the disk the kernel traps.

If you need any details, like copies of the errors, I will get them from the NOC the server is at. I just wanted to first of all check if this is a known issue and is being worked on.

Thanks,
Fabian Thylmann