strange network problems

From: Benjamin Sobotta <mayday_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 02:57:30 +0000
Hello!

	I'm new to non-RELEASE versions so I hope my question is not too weird. I
just upgraded to 5.2RC and the following problem showed up. When the system
tries to mount my NFS partitions the message ("watchdog timeout --
resetting") pops up several times. The network is of course not working
afterwards.
	This only occurs when ACPI is enabled. With ACPI disabled the network runs
fine. I tried current from about 1 hour ago and it doesn't fix the problem.
Nate's ACPI patch (installed on RC) also does not help. The system worked
perfectly fine under 5.1p11.

I attached dmesg with ACPI and without, also pciconf -lv. I hope that helps.

If you need any additional information, please let me know.

Thanks, Ben

(MYKERNEL = GENERIC + device pcm)