Re: FreeBSD 5.2-RC1 released

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 11:50:39 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Scott Long wrote:

> - There is a known problem with vnode locking that is undergoing testing
>   and will be committed to the RELENG_5_2 branch shorty.

My test box with the Promise ATA RAID in it is getting really upset by a
devfs vnode and finally panics with a trap 12 with syncer following a null
pointer.

Note this is with the install disc. I can put 5.1-R back on and do a
remote installworld versus -current pretty easily, and can attempt to
build a tree for RELENG_5_2.

This is the copy from the serial console. Some stuff got overwritten by
the dialog but it might be enough for one of you to figure out whats going
on.

iving up on
dirty: 0xc4e18d : tag devfs, type VCHR, usecount 50, writeco 0, refcount
14,
 flags (VI_XLOC  8%hread 0xc20ff500
        dev ar0s1a

All filesystem information written successfully.
d9660: RockRidge Extension
   2915328 bytes read from base dist, chunk  3 of 34 _at_ 728.8 KBytes/sec.

cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address   = 0x1c
fault code              = supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xc06288f5
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xd8b89b08
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xd8b89b18
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = 53 (syncer)
trap number             = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0;