Re: why support alpha??

From: <eqe_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:51:36 -0500
> Quoting Eriq Lamar <eqe_at_cox.net>:
> > >
> > > What is the purpose of this email?!?
> >
> > 1. why not read the message body I think I explained it in plain
> > english.
> >
> > > So what's your point?
> >
> > 2. for my point read 1.
>
> Sending mail like this is pretty much flamebait. Alpha is not dead, and
> last I heard whoever owns rights to it this week is still releasing new
> hardware, although they aren't hyping it at all.
>
> Ken
sorry it was my impression that their would be no further versions of alpha
and or at least it's growth is suspect. But I will reseach this now. and
again this email was just a thought about improving freebsd as a whole
nothing more I just found it  strange that in 5.2 there would be so much
backward compatability and could not help but wonder for what purpose I would
never build a new server with a 386,486,or 586 for that matter.