Re: NEC uPD 9210 USB controller not working, Could not map memory

From: Andrew Marks <atm_at_amrx.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:25:53 -0800
I widdled my kernel down to almost nothing and still had the same
problem.  With ehci, the controller is detected, but the exact same
thing happens.  Here is the kernel config I used:

makeoptions	KERNEL=USBTEST
machine		i386
cpu		I586_CPU
ident		USBTEST
options 	SCHED_4BSD		#4BSD scheduler
options 	INET			#InterNETworking
options 	FFS			#Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options 	SOFTUPDATES		#Enable FFS soft updates support
options 	UFS_ACL			#Support for access control lists
options 	UFS_DIRHASH		#Improve performance on big directories
options 	PROCFS			#Process filesystem (requires PSEUDOFS)
options 	PSEUDOFS		#Pseudo-filesystem framework
options 	COMPAT_43		#Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options 	COMPAT_FREEBSD4		#Compatible with FreeBSD4
options 	SCSI_DELAY=1000		#Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options 	KTRACE			#ktrace(1) support
options 	SYSVSHM			#SYSV-style shared memory
options 	SYSVMSG			#SYSV-style message queues
options 	SYSVSEM			#SYSV-style semaphores
options 	_KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING #Posix P1003_1B real-time extensions
options 	KBD_INSTALL_CDEV	# install a CDEV entry in /dev
device		isa
device		pci
device		ata
device		atadisk			# ATA disk drives
options 	ATA_STATIC_ID		#Static device numbering
device		atkbdc		# AT keyboard controller
device		atkbd		# AT keyboard
device		psm		# PS/2 mouse
device		vga		# VGA video card driver
device		sc
device		npx
device		random		# Entropy device
device		loop		# Network loopback
device		ether		# Ethernet support
device		tun		# Packet tunnel.
device		pty		# Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device		ohci
device		ehci
device		usb

I also tried with just ohci and just ehci and the same error messages
occured.

-Andrew Marks