Re: buildworld doesn't like -O2

From: Andreas Hauser <andy-freebsd_at_splashground.de>
Date: 11 Dec 2003 14:38:12 -0000
des wrote _at_ Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:25:08 +0100:
> andy_at_splashground.de writes:
> > And in this case, as far as i can see, the code does violate the
> > strict aliasing rules.
>
> Yes, and you are welcome to send a patch, but there was none in the
> PR.  PRs consisting of nothing but a compiler error message are worse
> than useless.

I see. It just wasn't clear to me from your comment in the PR
wether you considered the code to be a problem at all.

Do you prefer the union version, then please see Andreas Jäger's patch,
or my local version with more varibles and casts, it's rather untested,
or just -fno-strict-aliasing for the offending code parts
or a combination of all of these?

Andy