Re: Tracking down ata0 reset hang

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 14:59:04 -0800
> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 13:13:15 -0800 (PST)
> From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> I have a laptop that suspends and resumes fine.  Soeren's patch to
> properly reset the hardware after the ATAng import fixed the problem where
> resuming would hang in ata0 reset with the hard drive light on.
>
> Sometime in the last month or two, the ATA reset phase of resume has begun
> hanging again with the drive light on and I can't break to the debugger.
> The interesting data point is that if I suspend/resume in single user
> mode, it works fine, including the reset.  But in multi-user mode, it
> hangs.  I'm trying to disable various services to see if any of them
> triggers the hang.
>
> Has anyone else seen this regression?

I see it, but it's not a regression for me. Ever since ATAng was merged
into HEAD, I've had this problem and Soeren's patch did not seem to
help.

I have not tried suspending in stand-alone mode, but I will give it a
try a little later today.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)