Re: HAVE TRACE & DDB Re: FreeBSD 5.2-RC1 released

From: Martin Blapp <mb_at_imp.ch>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:09:11 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

> Furthermore, people say this goes away if you don't enable softupdate on
> the install.  It has also been reproduced with sysinstall over a
> previously created filesystem.

I was wrong previously. If one does use a previously created filesystem,
changed flag settings during lableing are ignored. Which means if you had
initially set softupdates during the first install and disable softupdates in a
second try, softupdates are still active.

I get a LOR instead the panic now if I disable softupdates on a fresh
filesystem.

Martin