Re: syncer panic

From: Thierry Herbelot <thierry_at_herbelot.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 11:34:19 +0100
Le Saturday 13 December 2003 11:11, Tim Bishop a écrit :

> As I've said, I am using vinum to mirror my swap. However, I set dumpdev

Vinum to mirror also the swap ? Please explain what you are trying to
achieve ?

I built a fully-mirrored machine (to check what the handbook said about
booting from a mirrored root), but /tmp was still a simply striped partition
(no mirror), like swap, where I left the OS swap manager use two partitions,
like you could do when having two non-vinumed disks :
in /etc/fstab :
/dev/ad0s3b     none        swap    sw      0   0
/dev/ad2s3b     none        swap    sw      0   0

With this kind of setup, all important data are (suposed to be) written to
both physical disks, and all remaining info will be lost in case of a
failure.

	TfH