Re: SC520 and reboot

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:43:22 +0100
In message <E1AVGZP-000CgE-7e_at_cs.huji.ac.il>, Danny Braniss writes:

>> >How useful. Is this a Soekris system?
>>
>> Wild guess:  adjkerntz -a ?
>
>I fail to see the connection, though when the bios is clean up, the time goes back to January 6, 1980 :-)

If you run adjkerntz -a it fiddles the CMOS RTC clock and possibly the
"century" byte I think.  If your BIOS uses a checksum on the RTC and
adjkerntz doesn't know about it, your BIOS will think the contents is
trashed.

Try booting to single user and shut down immediately, does it still
happen then ?