Re: [RC1] Login not possible

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 19:11:35 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Robert Watson wrote:

> It could we be we should think about bumping _SC_NGROUPS_MAX to 32,
> although this might have substantial ABI impacts we'd have to look into
> carefully.  You can also add optional groups, joined using newgrp(1),
> but the lack of a shadow password database for that is fairly limiting
> (and it's far from user friendly compared to just being a member of more
> groups).

Speaking of which, it would be interesting to know if anyone is running
FreeBSD with larger values of _SC_NGROUPS_MAX, and if so, what operational
comments they might have to make ("recompile everything", "it works fine",
...)

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research