5.2 failed to run in VMWARE and vrtualpc

From: Jun Su <junsu_at_m-net.arbornet.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 21:11:01 -0500 (EST)
Hi All,

After we add options SMP and options APIC into GENERIC kernel, the kernel can not boot in VMWARE. VMWARE reports the follwoing error:
*** VMware Workstation internal monitor error ***
NOT_IMPLEMENTED at 400da2 (4460)

This absolutely is a bug in VMWARE, However the GENRIC kernel prevent a large number of users to taste 5.2 in VMWARE. I understand that to enable it in -current can help testing the new code. Is it worth to enable it in Release?

There is similiar problem in virtualpc that my friends told me. I have no that software to have a try.

Thanks,

Jun Su