Re: pppoe broken (for me)

From: Dorin H <bj93542_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 00:33:27 -0800 (PST)
--- "Christoph P. Kukulies"
<kuku_at_physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 04:23:16PM -0800, Kris
> Kennaway wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 07:07:39PM +0100,
> Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> > > I cvsuped yesterday and now I'm cut off from the
> net with
> > > my home machine.
> > >
> > > the tun0 (DSL) link doesn't come up. All I can
> see is:

<snip>

> First is after the message Recovering vi files, the
> other
> after starting sendmail.

FWIW: Check if a dot appears after Recovering vi files
message. If not, the vi tries to recover some previous
lost-while-editing files and for some reason this
takes some time. I had a similar problem, where the
boot was stalling for about 3 minutes in this place. I
just deleted the content of /var/tmp/vi.recover/ and
everything was back to normal. Though, this is not
your main problem, which IMHO is to get a clean
world&kernel.
/Dorin.