Re: [RC1] ext2fs broken?

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 09:29:26 -0800
On Sun, Dec 14, 2003 at 06:05:14PM +0100, Klaus-J. Wolf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have observed some strange behaviour of mounted ext2fs (*ick*)
> filesystems. The strange behaviour ranges from when unpacking a tar in a
> mounted ext2fs filesystem getting "cannot open: Operation not permitted"
> or "...File exists" and ls(1) saying the whole device its empty.
> Sometimes directories disappear, the block count is massively different
> from what Linux says about it.

While it may be nice to transparently use ext2fs file systems,
you are aware of the comment in /sys/conf/NOTES?

# Add support for the EXT2FS filesystem of Linux fame.  Be a bit
# careful with this - the ext2fs code has a tendency to lag behind
# changes and not be exercised very much, so mounting read/write could
# be dangerous (and even mounting read only could result in panics.)
#
options         EXT2FS

--
Steve