Re: 5.2-RC1 panic while ripping CD

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 20:58:16 +0100
Benjamin Lutz <benlutz_at_datacomm.ch> writes:
> I must be doing something wrong... missing debug info maybe?

Yes, it does look like debugging symbols are missing.

>                                                              but then  I
> did uncomment that -g flag line in my kernel configuration...

How did you recompile your kernel?  Adding 'makeoptions DEBUG=-g' to
the kernel config will change compiler flags but won't actually touch
any files, so you need to 'make clean' before rebuilding the kernel to
actually get debugging symbols.  The best way to do this is simply to
use 'make buildkernel' to build kernels, as it always does 'make
clean' first (unless you define NO_KERNELCLEAN in /etc/make.conf).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no