Re: once again 5.2 RC and watchdog timeout

From: Barney Wolff <barney_at_databus.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 13:10:57 -0500
On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 06:23:21PM +0100, Kay Lehmann wrote:
> Since nobody help me till now, I need to try it once again. The problem
> is still here and I can't get 5.2-rc work properly. I tried one more
> card but it did not help. Disabling acpi ends in a system freeze. boot
> -v says it tries to set hostname and I have to use the powerswitch to
> shut it down. Does anybody could tell me how to handle this, which
> information is needed?

I'm using -current with no trouble on an Asus A7M266-D with both ATA
and SCSI, and em and fxp cards.  I've never tried disabling ACPI -
why do you think you need to?  Kernel config attached, in case you
can spot some difference from yours.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.