Re: HEADS UP: Status of the 5.2 release

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:44:01 -0700 (MST)
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Doug Barton wrote:
> Do we have an updated status on this? I just got my new laptop, so I was
> going to burn an ISO of the latest RC and give it a try, but if it's
> going to blow up on install I don't want to waste time...
>
> Doug

The root cause was found, fixed, testd, and committed to HEAD recently.
I expect it to be committed to RELENG_5_2 tomorrow.  Until then, you can
either try a 5.2-CURRENT snapshot, or gamble with 5.2-RC1 by turning off
softupdates on the destination partitions.  Once installed, you can
turn SU back on.

Scott