sysctl panics kernel with snd_pcm tweaks

From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:08:26 -0600
When snd_pcm.ko is loaded at boot time, having:
hw.snd.pcm0.vchans=4
hw.snd.maxautovchans=4
in my sysctl.conf causes my kernel to panic on boot (I believe it's the
hw.snd.maxautovchans causing the panic, but haven't tried explicitly yet)

It worked about a week or so back with no problems - just recently (Dec
12th to Dec 15th or so) something changed that made this not work anymore.

uname -a:
FreeBSD hostname.domain.com 5.2-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT #0: Mon Dec
15 12:31:02 CST

Eric

All generalizations are false, including this one.