Re: /dev/mixer missing on 5.2-CURRENT?

From: Mathew Kanner <mat_at_cnd.mcgill.ca>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:23:23 -0500
On Dec 17, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Thursday 18 December 2003 09:48, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> > <<On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:15:08 -0800 (PST), Dorin H <bj93542_at_yahoo.com>
> said:
> > > On another thought, is there a better way to check for
> > > the module required by a device/sound card?
> >
> > The easy way is just to load snd_driver.ko, which does nothing but
> > depend on all of the chipset drivers.
>
> That still makes it difficult to determine what actual driver attached to your
> card though :)

	I've posted some patches to -multimedia to provides the module
name in the /dev/sndstat .  There's an open PR but I don't remember
the number.  I'll try to work with my mentor over the next few days to
commit them.

	--Mat
--
		Applicants must also have extensive knowledge of UNIX,
	although they should have sufficiently good programming