5.2-RC1 fails to install via NFS

From: Patrick Tracanelli <eksffa_at_freebsdbrasil.com.br>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:04:26 -0200
Hello, i have just noted and issue on 5.2-RC1 that was not there on 5.1.

Sysinstall's FreeBSD 5.2-RC1 fails to install remotely via NFS. I have
just mounted the ISO image as vnode and exported it (the NFS server runs
5.1-R) to install the system in a Toshiba Satellite 1405.

I've booted the system with the floppy disks and sysinstall refused to
mount the NFS export claiming /dist could not be found (at the moment
the maintainance shell didnt even have ls(1) installed to make sure the
mount point wasnt really there).

So i decided to boot with 5.1-R floopy disks, changed Release Name to
look for 5.2-RC1 on the NFS server and everything just worked fine.

It can be easily repeated just trying to install the system via NFS.

--
Atenciosamente,

Patrick Tracanelli

FreeBSD Brasil