Re: Any reasons to change BSD scheduler: SCHED_4BSD to SCHED_ULE?

From: Munish Chopra <chopra_at_soulwax.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:26:09 -0500
On 2003-12-18 19:43 +0000, Nuno Teixeira wrote:

> Hello to all,
>
> I'm using 5.2 RC and I'd like to know if are good reasons to change my
> sheduler to the new one on a UP machine.
>
> Is there any place were I can find more information about this topic?

The archives. Jeff announced his intention to switch the default
scheduler to SCHED_ULE a little while ago -- I suppose it'll be
happening soon after 5.2. The initial problems are well-documented,
though most have been resolved by now. I've been running ULE for quite a
while, and in the past month it has begun to perform very nicely on my
UP machines. YMMV.

--
Munish Chopra