Re: Ghetto-debug in new -CURRENT with SCSI controller

From: Devon H.O'Dell <dodell_at_sitetronics.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:58:10 +0100
>> You should be able to get it to work by disabling ACPI at boot.
>
> Strange, I thought I had tried that at some point and it hadn't
> worked. I was apparently not paying attention when I attempted to do
> so. It works without ACPI which I don't really need anyway. Thanks a
> ton!
>
> --Devon

Ah right, finding the problem I had when disabling ACPI: the machine
locks up at some point (no set time, sometimes it locks in boot and
sometimes it locks in userland) no longer accepting input from the KB;
any network activity appears on the link light but no packets are sent
back. No panics appear and the machine does not reboot -- it just
hangs. I don't have this problem in the kernel from a couple weeks ago
(sorry, I didn't bother to mark the date :\ but it's within 3-4 weeks
ago) with or without ACPI enabled.

--Devon