HEADS UP: list posting policy changed

From: Peter Wemm <peter_at_wemm.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:21:35 -0800
If you subscribe using a different address than you post, you will need
to *also* subscribe your regular posting address as well.  After you
have subscribed that, you can go onto the options page and turn off
mail delivery for that address.

eg:  If your subscription address is:
  myname-freebsd-current_at_biteme.com
but you normally post to the lists as 'myname_at_biteme.com',
then you will need to *also* subscribe 'myname_at_biteme.com'
and set its delivery options to 'no mail'.   Your inbound email
will come in as usual to your list address and the mailing list
software will allow your normal address to post as well.

Sorry for the hassle, but things have just got too damn silly lately.
Regardless of the sender filter, you should do this anyway because the
spam filter gives a special bonus to subscribers and is especially
harsh on non-subscribers.

While I'm here, we could use a bit of help with the list moderation
functions.  If there are regular readers with some spare time on their
hands who would like to help, please let me know.  The moderator
interface to the queue is web form based, point-and-shoot, and easy to
operate.  It would be an excellent thing for folks who are looking for a
way to contribute but don't have the technical expertise.
--
Peter Wemm - peter_at_wemm.org; peter_at_FreeBSD.org; peter_at_yahoo-inc.com