Re: file descriptor leak in 5.2-RC

From: Oliver Brandmueller <ob_at_e-Gitt.NET>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:17:06 +0100
Hi.

On Sat, Dec 27, 2003 at 02:01:21PM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> when daemonizing you open /dev/null and dup2 it to 0,1,2
> to detach from stdin,out,err.

Yes, of course. But they still should not keep lying around when going
to single user and should be visible in fstat / lsof, if everything were
OK and this were just an application problem.

I'm currently checking if I can find something in older sources of
/dev/null - although I would appreciate help in diggin' around here, I'm
just an admin, not a programmer. And by far no kernel hacker.

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |