Re: rc.suspend/rc.resume acpi support added

From: Lukas Ertl <l.ertl_at_univie.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 21:26:33 +0100 (CET)
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Nate Lawson wrote:

> This helps for uhci where we have to unload and reload usb.ko across
> suspends since it doesn't re-initialize correctly.  See the usb comments
> in the files for an example.

If I understand correctly, usb.ko can't be unloaded, because it has no
detach method connected. (At least I wasn't able to unload it.)

Anyway, this bandaid wouldn't work on this machine, since I tried to load
the usb module after a suspend and UHCI still wouldn't work (see
kern/59747) - it seems like all controller register bits are set, and I
couldn't find a way to clear them.

The UHCI controller works fine with APM suspend, though.

regards,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl_at_univie.ac.at
UNIX Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073