Re: 5.1-R-p11 unable to "sync disks" when shutting down

From: Esa Karkkainen <ejk_at_iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 09:32:44 +0200
On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 11:25:02PM -0500, David Gilbert wrote:
> Are you using snapshots?  I find that large (where in my case, large
> is partitions larger than 30G or so) partitions with more than one
> snapshot cause the system to not sync the disks on shutdown.

No, I don't use snapshots any more. I did use snapshots via bgfsck, but
now I have disabled bgfsck, because for some reason I got panics which
seemed to be related to bgfsck.

I've mailed to -current about the above-mentioned panics and the message
which I sent to this list can be found at

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2003-December/016143.html

My biggest partition/filesystem size is 17 GB, and my second largest is
about 10 GB in size.

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."