Re: logitech cordless optical mouse problems...

From: Philip Paeps <philip+freebsd_at_paeps.cx>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 22:43:27 +0100
On 2003-12-30 17:42:20 (+0200), Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen_at_ispro.net.tr> wrote:
> This mouse has a USB connection and PS/2 connection to the computer. The
> keyboard works but the mouse doesnt.

I'm seeing the same thing.  When I use the PS/2 converter for the mouse, it
works happily, when I use USB, only the keyboard works.  The ums driver
attaches, but the mouse isn't moving.

I've tried two different mice (both with working batteries and known to be
working under psm), and both behave the same way.  Which leads me to think the
receiver might be the problem, rather than the mouse?

When I plug the thing in, ums and ukbd see the receiver first, which may have
something to do with it?  It also always finds '5 buttons and Z dir' while my
trackman wheel only has three buttons and Z and my mouseman optical has four
buttons and Z.

ums0: Logitech USB Receiver, rev 1.10/13.10, addr 2, iclass 3/1
ums0: 5 buttons and Z dir.
ukbd0: Logitech USB Receiver, rev 1.10/13.10, addr 2, iclass 3/1
kbd1 at ukbd0

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
                                                       subscribed to the list.

  People who love sausage and respect the law should
  never watch either one being made.