Re: ath driver and turning wireless off.

From: Doug Barton <DougB_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:24:34 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, David Gilbert wrote:

> BTW... this Dell (D800) has the ability to turn the wireless hardware
> off.  For the bluetooth, this is simple: it's like disconnecting a USB
> dongle.  For the mini-pci slot, it appears to power it down.  pciconf
> -lv shows the current (non-supported non-ath) card as present when
> wireless is "on" and not present when wireless is "off"

What dell card do you have in there now? The TrueMobile 1400 is now
supported in -current, and works very well. It's possible that other
Dell cards would work with the NDIS-ulator as well, but I haven't tried
them.

Let me know if you need details on how to get it running.

BTW, I am running -current on my D800, with your ACPI stuff, and Fn+F8
works to turn off my "radio" stuff as well. Haven't tried it in -stable
yet.

HTH,

Doug