Re: rescue/ broke cross compiles

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 16:10:33 +0300
On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 12:07:26PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 05:35:16PM -0700, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> > Build tools are most of the time so small or trivial (gcc is
> > probably the exception, before that perl probably was) that
> > building them again is lost in creating the rescue bits itself.
>
> Please no, don't pessimize the build even more than it absolutely has to
> be.

release/Makefile had a similar issue when I've been working on
a cross support for it (both cross-release and cross-platform).
The release.5 still has to run the build-tools target again as
it has no idea what tools contribute to the build-tools list.

Another pessimization is with release.3, where we do a second
buildworld pass with SUBDIR_OVERRIDE, but this pessimization
is for a good reason.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA,