Re: [acpi-jp 2365] Re: Updated ec-burst.diff patch

From: Andrea Campi <andrea_at_webcom.it>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 20:01:46 +0200
On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 10:25:36AM -0700, Nate Lawson wrote:
> Would you please turn on "hw.acpi.verbose=1" in loader.conf?  It should
> explain the cause of those errors.  Also, I would like the output of
> "dmesg | egrep acpi_ec0\|EC\ Wait".

I tested your patch on my IBM Thinkpad 570E and didn't see any difference.
I was surprised by that, but hey, what do I know. Then I did a
"dmesg | egrep acpi_ec0\|EC\ Wait", and got no output at all. Turns out
I have no acpi_ec0.

Should I worry about that? Will I miss anything because of that? My laptop
is working correctly in most ways, including thermal zone, profile transition
when plugging and unplugging the power cord, and power states (in particular
S4BIOS).

Bye,
	Andrea

--
            The dark ages were caused by the Y1K problem.