usb mouse on ehci controller doesn't work

From: Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 13:06:08 +0100
I'm sure I used to be able to use a usb mouse in earlier versions of FreeBSD,
but now whatever I try, I just can't get the secondary mouse (or primary, if
I don't configure the laptop mouse pad) to work.  When
I plug it in, it finds it and allocates it to /dev/ums0 (ums0: Logitech
USB Receiver, rev 1.10/13.10, addr 2, iclass 3/1.  ums0:  5 buttons and Z dir)
 but XFree86 doesn't seem to like it - the log file
is attached.  Also, moused doesn't show the
pointer when I run 'moused -p /dev/ums0 -t auto'.  Has something in the ums
driver changed that X11 doesn't like, or have I not configured something.
Could it be that I've always used it on a computer with USB1 and there's
something about the usb2 I've now got that the logitech controller doesn't
like?   The lines from XF86Config are:

SubSection "InputDevice"
	Identifier "Mouse2"
	Driver	"mouse"
	Option "Protocol" "Auto"
	Option "Device" "/dev/ums0"
EndSubSection

I'm using -CURRENT which was cvsupped yesterday.

--
Bruce Cran