ACPI vs fdc0

From: Pav Lucistnik <pav_at_oook.cz>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2003 00:41:28 +0200
Hi,

my floppy disc drive does not work. I was ignoring this fact until today,
because I need to write something to a floppy. It's probably clashing with
something ACPI is claiming:

[during boot]
fdc0: cmd 3 failed at out byte 1 of 3
fdc0: cmd 3 failed at out byte 1 of 3
fdc0: cannot reserve I/O port range (6 ports)

[devinfo -u]
    0x3f0-0x3f1 (acpi_sysresource0)
    0x3f2-0x3f5 ----
    0x3f6 (ata0)
    0x3f7 (root0)

How can I get tell ACPI to free those two I/O ports? It works fine when I
disable ACPI, but disabling ACPI is not an option, because X does not
start without it. I need floppy under X.

I searched mailing list archives and exactly this same problem was
discussed back in summer 2001. I can't believe no solutions have been made
since then.

[uname -a]
FreeBSD hood.oook.cz 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #0:
Fri Jul  4 21:23:06 CEST 2003
root_at_hood.oook.cz:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PAV
i386

I'll provide any other debug information needed.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav_at_oook.cz>
What do we know about love? Love is like a pear. Pear is sweet and have