Re: Panic linux ldconfig with MUTEX_PROFILING

From: Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama_at_imgsrc.co.jp>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:10:44 +0900
At Thu, 10 Jul 2003 08:32:28 +0200,
Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> > I'm trying to use MUTEX_PROFILING, but paniced in linux ldconfig.
> > Any clues?
>
> is COMPAT_LINUX compiled into the kernel?  You can't use modules with
> MUTEX_PROFILING; it changes the size and layout of struct mtx, and
> since modules aren't built with the same options as the kernel, they
> use the wrong struct mtx.

Ah, bingo!  I'm using linux.ko for Linux ABI.  I'll try with
COMPAT_LINUX.

But I used linux.ko which sync'ed with kernel itself (both were built
with same config).  Is MUTEX_PROFILING not passed to kernel module
building?

--
Jun Kuriyama <kuriyama_at_imgsrc.co.jp> // IMG SRC, Inc.
             <kuriyama_at_FreeBSD.org> // FreeBSD Project