Re: OpenPAM dynamic module loading not working ?

From: Dominic Marks <dom_at_cus.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:26:42 +0100
On 10/07/2003 08:46, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> Dominic Marks <dom_at_cus.org.uk> writes:
> > Jul  7 22:10:40 bacon dovecot-auth: in openpam_load_module(): no pam_pgsql.so found
> > Jul  7 22:10:40 bacon dovecot-auth: PAM: pam_start(example) failed: failed to load module
>
> The module probably lacks dependency information.  I'll try to figure
> it out later today.

I rebuilt OpenPAM with debugging info and looked at what was happening.
It turned out that it was not able to resolve pam_get_pass from the
module and would then state (confusingly) that the module didnt exist
'no pam_pgsql.so found' is bogus. The port has patches which remove
these symbols and I managed to get it working (mostly) by putting those
functions back. Now I can successfully get past authentication with this
module but when I try and login to dovecot it passes down the PAM chain
into pam.d/other and seems to choke. I suppose this is because there is
no local user which matches the user/pass and pam_unix doesn't like
that. If I remove pam_unix from the chain then Dovecot (my test program)
crashes while trying to continue post-auth. If you'd like I can provide
lots of logged openpam debug info and do testing.