RE: NVidia driver stability?

From: Evan Dower <evantd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 14:46:39 -0700
After following all the instructions at
http://www.soulwax.net/nvidia/faq.shtml _very_ carefully and compiling
nvidia-driver WITH_FREEBSD_AGP, WITH_NVIDIA_HACKS, and with FORCE_AGP_RATE,
my system was dramatically slower and substantially _less_ stable. (I had to
switch to another computer to write this email). Interestingly, whenever I
compile the kernel without optimizations, network activity becomes _very_
slow.
aka Evan Dower
Undergraduate, Computer Science
University of Washington