IPFW and/or rc rule parsing not working since today's cvsup

From: Matt <matt_at_xtaz.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 13:17:36 +0100 (BST)
I normally sync to current once a week and have just done it today:

FreeBSD tao.xtaz.co.uk 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #0: Sun Jul 13
12:24:40 BST 2003     root_at_shakira.xtaz.co.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TAO
i386

The problem is though that it looks like IPFW or RC has changed how it
works. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not though. If it is
intentional then I think it is a violation of POLA.

The problem I have is this. In rc.conf I have the following:

firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_script="/etc/rc.firewall"
firewall_type="/etc/ipfw.conf"

And in /etc/ipfw.conf I have sets of rules one line at a time like:

add 00010 divert natd all from any to any via xl0
add 00120 allow tcp from any to any 80 via xl0

etc.

This has always worked for me ever since I first started using ipfw on
fbsd 4.1 and has always worked on current until today's cvsup. Now though
no rules get loaded.

If I try what I have always done in the past which is ipfw -q flush &&
ipfw /etc/ipfw.conf then it tells me:

usage: ipfw [options]
do "ipfw -h" or see ipfw manpage for details

Whereas before this week this worked perfectly. The /etc/rc.firewall still
says that you can set a filename for the firewall_type so I assume this
should still work as in fact just broken rather than a POLA.

I definatly mergemaster'd everything that had changed properly. In fact I
have even just run it again in case I missed something and everything is
up to date.

Any comments?

Regards, Matt.

--
email: matt_at_xtaz.co.uk - web: http://xtaz.co.uk/
Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.