Re: GCC 3.3.1, new warnings with <limits>

From: David Leimbach <leimy2k_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:33:26 -0500

On Monday, July 14, 2003, at 01:33PM, Terry Lambert <tlambert2_at_mindspring.com> wrote:

>David Leimbach wrote:
>> This is a good policy in general, however, one could easily argue that
>> what is trying to be determined with signedness  and such being
>> less-than-compared
>> to 0 isn't really a big deal and possibly the only way to implement this
>> numeric_limits<T>::digits thing without any type introspection which
>> C++ currently
>> lacks.
>>
>> The following would work for example in a template function:
>
>[ ... ]

True... but I don't think I was talking about a one-shot disabling of the message.

I was thinking more about how a compliant C++ compiler can determine the signedness
of a datatype without type introspection or type metadata available at compile time.  [which
seems to be what numeric_limits<T> is all about doesn't it?]

Dave