Re: Overdone rescue cleaning as part of buildworld?

From: Gordon Tetlow <gordont_at_gnf.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 15:19:37 -0700
On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 03:15:01PM -0700, Tim Kientzle wrote:
> Gordon Tetlow wrote:
> >>>>
> >>Yeah, I took a few shortcuts; /rescue does build far more in
> >>OBJDIR than it needs to, and similarly cleans much more than it needs
> >>to.  (Those extra dirs are never populated, but building and cleaning
> >>them does still take time.)  I believe the attached patch addresses
> >>this issue; it trims down /usr/obj/usr/src/rescue/rescue/usr/src/... to
> >>just the directories actually needed.
> >
> >This solution is kinda hackish, I have a more generic solution that makes
> >it easier to add programs without having to specifically add
> >CRUNCH_SRCDIR_foo to every program outside of src/bin and src/sbin. I'm
> >hoping to iron out the wrinkles today and post the patches. Other than
> >that the patch is pretty much complete.
>
> Great!  Looking forward to it.

Attached is the patch. It basically makes CRUNCH_PROGS into a per
directory item and then only does a make obj on the per program
directory. I've incorporated the CRUNCH_SRCDIR_foo stuff you had
although I had come up with a similar solution.

It's lightly tested, some more eyes looking at it would be useful.
I'm currently running it through a buildworld.

-gordon