Re: errors using wi driver in -CURRENT

From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 09:57:37 -0500
I only seem to have problems when trying to connect to access points or
devices with authmode set to shared, but when I set everything to OPEN,
but still use a WEP key, I can make it work (as a client, not as an
access point).  I would agree something is seriously borked and really
wish the authmode stuff would work.  I'm willing to help in any way I
can, but I'm not much of a C programmer or driver hacker to begin work
on it myself..

Eric

Soeren Schmidt wrote:
> It seems Bruce Cran wrote:
>
> Just to chime in here, I've spent 2 weeks of various trial and errors
> to get two Lucent Wavelan's (one 4.8, one -current) to talk to each other.
> Dispite my more or less futile experiments this would not work no
> matter what (even asking on -mobile and trying what came up there didn't help).
>
> Since I can use the cards perfectly between two 4.8 boxes (and have
> been for about 2 years), my take is that the wi driver in -current is
> borked useless, at least for some cards (It worked in 5.0 but broke on
> the way to 5.1 IIRC).
>
> just my .01 EUR...

Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching?