Re: Buildworld fails in 5.1

From: Matt Loschert <loschert_at_servint.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 15:36:03 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Dan Nelson wrote:

> In the last episode (Jul 16), Matt Loschert said:
> > My buildworlds have been failing ever since the gcc 3.3 upgrade.  I
> > got the message that you got on one of the failures.  However, my
> > last three builds have consistently failed at the following point:
> >
> > ===> usr.sbin/keyserv
> > cc -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -DKEYSERV_RANDOM -DBROKEN_DES -I.     -c /usr/src/usr.sbin/keyserv/keyserv.c
> > cc -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -DKEYSERV_RANDOM -DBROKEN_DES -I.     -c /usr/src/usr.sbin/keyserv/setkey.c gzip -cn /usr/src/usr.sbin/keyserv/keyserv.8 > keyserv.8.gz
> > cc -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -DKEYSERV_RANDOM -DBROKEN_DES -I.     -c crypt_svc.c
> > cc -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -DKEYSERV_RANDOM -DBROKEN_DES -I.     -c /usr/src/usr.sbin/keyserv/crypt_server.c
> > cc -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -DKEYSERV_RANDOM -DBROKEN_DES -I.      -o keyserv keyserv.o setkey.o crypt_svc.o crypt_server.o -lmp -lcrypto -lrpcsvc
> > 1 error
> > *** Error code 2
> > 1 error
> > *** Error code 2
> > 1 error
> >
> > My 5.x test machine is an Athlon 750 with 256 MB of RAM, and 1 GB of swap.
> > I am using a clean /usr/obj directory for each build.  I am using -j 6 for
> > the buildworld.  Maybe that is the problems, I will try taking that out.
>
> If you are using -j6, the real error could be many many lines above
> what you pasted.  It's most likely in usr.sbin somewhere, but probably
> not keyserv.  You'll have to capture the entire log and look at it to
> determine the first failure.
>
> --
> 	Dan Nelson
> 	dnelson_at_allantgroup.com

Thanks Dan.  I have the output saved, but I can't see anything obviously
wrong.  Bosko Milekic just emailed me too and said that there is currently
a make dependency problem causing -j builds to fail.  Beyond my make-foo
skills. :)

Anyway, my non-j build just finished successfully, so I guess that was it.

BTW, if my build logs would be useful to anyone, I still have them.

Thanks,

- Matt

--
Matt Loschert - Software Engineer       | email: loschert_at_servint.com    |
ServInt Internet Services               | web:   http://www.servint.net/ |