Re: Help diagnosing NIS breakage ?

From: Bill Paul <wpaul_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 00:33:26 -0700 (PDT)

> > Ugh... I'm still a moron. I just uploaded yet another diff.
> > Can you test this one for me please?
> >
> > -BIll
>
> No dice; same effect. Thanks for looking into this.
>
> Let me know what other patches you'd like for me to try.
>
> RObin

Grrrrr. I don't know how I can keep getting this wrong. Ok, this
time I tested the change with a sample program. Try applying
http://www.freebsd.org/~wpaul/getpwent.diff again. Verify that
the result matches the file in the fbsd5 test account. The
getpwuid() routine seems to work ok, though my test for the
geteuid() == 0 case was a bit of a kludge since I don't actually
have root on the test box.

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (510) 749-2329 | Senior Engineer, Master of Unix-Fu
                 wpaul_at_windriver.com | Wind River Systems
      "If stupidity were a handicap, you'd have the best parking spot."