Re: NFS problem

From: Peter Edwards <petere_at_openet-telecom.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:54:28 +0100
Hi,

> > All the files are 0-sized, dates are set back to the epoch and
> > directories are seen as files. Exporting ufs2 filesystems works as
> > expected.

I've had problems like this exporting CDs via NFS to solaris.
Sorry the details are murky, but if its the same problem, there's a
work-around.
Check the dmesg output: does it complain about an "RRIP field" from the cd9660
code? From the source, I think it was

"RRIP without PX field?"

The CDs in question were official Sun CDs with Solaris applications (which, of
course, doesn't mean their properly compliant to a standard, just that it's
likely others will run into the same problem)

If this is the issue, then mounting it with NFS v2 actually fixed the problem
for me: I assume the richer operations from v3 were tickling a problem not
noticed with v2.
--
Peter