Re: Problems with fxp0 on T30 with 5.1-RELEASE

From: M. Warner Losh <imp_at_bsdimp.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:58:00 -0600 (MDT)
In message: <20030717082918.GA21592_at_speedy.unibe.ch>
            Tobias Roth <roth_at_iam.unibe.ch> writes: this is caused by
: an irq conflict. the bug was introduced some time between 5.0 and
: 5.1.  i have no idea how to solve this, maybe someone else can help
: here. maybe the ibm ps2 tool offers some help.

details?

: another workaround is to free an irq. for me, disabling the pcmcia
: stuff in the kernel config helped. others reported that disabling
: the serial port helped for them.

interesting.

: this has to be fixed before 5.2, imho. it renders a default install
: on thinkpads useless. note that this does NOT happen on all thinkpad
: systems, i didn't figure out what makes up the difference.

sounds like a bug that needs to be fixed, but the details are so vague
as to make that impossible.  chances are very good that someone with a
clue (like me) will need a machine that fails to fix it.

Warner